Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Okay Heather, Here They Are...Our First Cars

Mine was a 1963 Plymouth Valiant (white)


In keeping with family tradition, my parents helped a little with the purchase. Most of the cost was mine. Of course, the insurance was all mine. This car got such good gas mileage that I would totally forget to look at the gas gauge and would run out of gas often. My Dad would get so irritated with me because he would have to rescue me. I bought it in 1967.
Here is Ray's first car....a 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix
His Dad bought if for the family and then "sold" it to Ray for a forgettable price in 1965. Ray still loves that car.

3 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Ha ha ha! The kind of look alike, but Ray's was bigger and boxier. See what happens when you have had a few glasses of wine and start a weird conversation on some strange tangent... now everyone is on a google image search for their 1st car!

Suzie said...

Lucy.....I think you win the contest!! That is one ugly car! I know - you loved it.

Ray and Lucy said...

Hey, it might have been ugly, but it sure got me where I wanted to go. Heck, it even had a push button shift! How cool is that? After Ray and I got married, he had to teach me how to drive a stick shift. It wasn't easy...(the man has patience) it was in Japan with the steering wheel on the wrong side and all those goofy people drove on the wrong side of the road...they just wouldn't listen to reason. I kept trying and trying to show them how to drive on the correct side of the road. All they did was laugh at me when I would stop at a traffic light and try to take off in 3rd...how rude!