Saturday, August 6, 2011

Fairview Riverside State Park, Madisonville, LA



This is one of our all time favorite parks. It is located on the beautiful Tchefuncte River (cha-funk-ta). We've been visiting here for many years, but it's been a very long time since we've stayed here. It is as beautiful as ever.

Another bonus is that it is very near a couple of our favorite restaurants. We had dinner with my brother Tony, and his daughter Ashley at Friend's, a local favorite. We gave our parent's their 50th wedding anniversary party here in 1995. It was great and the owner's made it special. We always have dinner here whenever we are in the area.

Not far from Friend's is another of our favs, Morton's. We had lunch there today. I got another one of my cravings satisfied. I had oyster artichoke soup and a fried soft shell crab po'boy. Oh my gosh, was it ever good. I have great taste bud memory and I gotta tell ya that soup was exactly like I remembered. The soft shell crab was fried nice and tender and of course it was on good ole New Orleans French bread. Ray had another oyster po'boy. I think he's going to turn into an oyster.

We visited our favorite seafood store to buy our dinner (yes, we have seafood stores like other folks have bakeries) and got hard shell crabs for me and boiled shrimp for Ray. Now Ray likes boiled crabs, but he refuses to pick them, so guess who doesn't get crab! Oh I guess I'll give a little.

Tomorrow we leave heading east. We plan to stay in Tallahassee, FL. We'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Suzie said...

Yea! You are blogging! Loved reading it and love your rig! It is huge! Can't wait to have drinks with you in it!! And can't wait for Jake to meet the kids! 5 days!

DeAnne said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Love all the pics!
DeAnne