Monday, October 27, 2008

Dinner and a Wiring Job

Here's the photo op I promised! We had an absolutely wonderful visit with Mac and Consuelo yesterday. We were privileged to be the first guests in their new home. I tried to get pics of the outside of the house, but I waited too late and it was getting dark...sorry.

Mac celebrated his 78th birthday on Saturday...he looks and feels great and is in better shape than us!

Mac cooked us bangers and mash for brunch.

This was the first time Ray and I have had bangers and mash. Mac was worried that it would be too bland for us Cajuns. It was delightful! We really enjoyed the meal and the company.

Now, Ray had to pay for dinner!! Mac needed help getting his new TV, speakers, DVD, etc., etc. all hooked up. Naturally he enlisted help from his favorite techie.


This is a shot of their back yard. I just love all the oak trees. They actually have over 50 on the entire property. I wish our back yard look like this. We have a larger property, but all it has is mesquite trees. They do not grow very high and do not give a lot of shade.
We are so thrilled to have them near us. They are only about an hour's drive away. Next time we visit, I will get some pics of the house.

5 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Oh, that first picture brings tears to my eyes... I just want to hug them all, but grab Ray by the cheeks and squeeze him and give him a big kiss on the cheek! What a lovely face he has. So squeezable. Like a puppy.

Suzie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAC!!

What a lovely day you all had and it is so fantastic to see pictures of Mac and Consuela! We really miss the old 'group' and would love a reunion one day! Wouldn't that be fun! Glad some of you are able to get together at least.

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Ok, this has nothing to do with your post, but do you still have the Fritz ransom note?
And I gave Ray that picture of the dead stuffed chipmunk, do you still have that?
Not that I would keep that picture after all these years... but I don't have it in all my scanned pics - bummer.

Suzie said...

I found the picture!! Yea! I will get it scanned and send to both of you!

Suzie said...

I sent you the picture!!

Lucy, we need to know about deep frying a turkey. Kirby has the burner and today ordered the pot. How do we do it!!!????
We are going to do it for Xmas. Help!!